Wigs are a great way to change up your look, experiment with different styles and colors, or cover up hair loss. However, if you have long hair, you might be wondering how to wear a wig without it looking unnatural, or uncomfortable.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Brush your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles or knots. This will make it easier to put on a wig cap and the wig itself. Start at the ends of your hair and work your way up to the roots, using a wide-tooth comb or a brush designed for detangling. Be gentle to avoid damaging your hair.
- Secure your hair in place. There are several ways to do this, depending on how thick and long your hair is. You can choose one of the following methods:
- Braids: Divide your hair into two or more sections and braid each section loosely. This will help keep your hair flat and prevent it from getting tangled under the wig. You can also wrap the braids around your head and pin them with bobby pins for extra security.
@irresistibleme_hair French braiding under your wig> #irresistibleme #hair #wig #frenchbraid #howto #syntheticwig #hairtok #foryoupage #fyp #foryou ♬ original sound - Irresistible Me
- Bun: Pull your hair back into a low bun at the nape of your neck. This will keep your hair in place and prevent it from creating a bulky bump under the wig. You can also use a hair net or a scarf to cover the bun and make it smoother.
@irresistibleme_hair A simple way to wear your wig with long hair #irresistibleme #wig #bun #howto #syntheticwig #install #longhair #foryoupage #fyp #foryou ♬ original sound - Irresistible Me
- Put on a wig cap. A wig cap is a thin, stretchy fabric that covers your natural hair and creates a smooth base for the wig.
Once you have prepared your beautiful long hair, it’s time to put on your wig.
Here are some steps you need to follow:
- Place the wig. Hold the wig by the front hairline and place it over your head, aligning it with your natural hairline. Make sure the wig is centered and secure on your head. You can use clips, combs, or glue to attach the wig to your wig cap or natural hair for extra security.
- Adjust the wig as needed. Use your fingers or a comb to smooth out any bumps or wrinkles on the wig. You can also use scissors or a razor to trim any excess lace or hair that might be sticking out. You can also use a curling iron or a flat iron to style the wig as you like, but make sure the wig is heat-resistant and use a low heat setting.
- Style the wig as desired. You can leave the wig as it is, curl or style it and add some accessories, such as a hat, or a headband. You can also create different hairstyles, such as a ponytail, a bun, or a braid, using pins, elastics, or clips.
- Check our recent article on How To Style Your Wig.