Opening a series of real talks with hairstylist Ioana Todoran giving the best winter hair tips on how to keep your hair healthy. She is an official Eurovision stylist, Moroccanoil partner and lover of Irresistible Me hair extensions!
As we all know, our hair suffers from major temperature shifts, and so do our extensions. That is why it’s recommended we use anti frizz products in the cold months! My favorite ingredient in these is argan oil because it helps keep the hair hydrated and silky smooth. You can find it in anti-frizz oils, smoothing lotions, instant leave-in conditioners that usually last up to 72 hours. Another cool trick to keep your hair in good shape during winter is using heat protectant, because it actually rehydrates the hair as well! My favorite brand to use on my hair and extensions is Moroccanoil, because it’s infused with argan oil rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
'Another cool trick to avoid dry hair in winter is using heat protectant, because it actually rehydrates the hair as well! My favorite brand to use on my hair and extensions is Moroccanoil, because it’s infused with argan oil rich in antioxidants and vitamins, which are a must in your long hair care routine.'
Tips for washing your hair & extensions during winter:
- be smooth while you shampoo your hair, don’t over rub as it might induce frizz
- putting conditioner on dry hair overnight will nourish both your hair and the extensions that don't get the necessary oils from directly from the scalp
- never use a rubbing/scrubbing action to dry your hair
- always brush your hair after it’s dried, in a downward action, following the natural direction of the hair
Tips for outdoor protection:
- always keep your hair moisturized
- avoid hot tools and dry your hair & extensions properly
- my recommendation is to wear a hat or a headscarf made with silk linings because silk doesn’t absorb natural oils, so the hair maintains its hydration, plus silk reduces friction and tangles due to the smooth surface
- wear a hoodie to keep your hair dry
Some extra Valentine's Day hairstyles that Ioana loves are super long braids and a good high curly ponytail. You can achieve them both with our straight clip in ponytail and curly ponytail hair extensions - such a fun way to change your style in seconds and experiment with new hair ideas with zero damage!
Does hair grow faster in the winter? It definitely can, if you take these healthy hair hacks into account and nourish your hair according to the cold season.
Winter hair ready? Show us your locks on IG or TT for a chance to get featured!