Synthetic wigs are a great option for anyone who wants to change their look, cover hair loss, or simply have fun with different styles and colors. They are usually affordable, durable, and easy to maintain. However, synthetic wigs still need proper care and attention to keep them looking fabulous and extend their lifespan.
Here are some tips on how to care for your synthetic wig:
Wash your wig regularly.
Depending on how often you wear your wig, you should wash it every 6 to 8 wearings. Washing your wig will remove any dirt, sweat, oils, or product buildup that can damage the fibers or cause odors. To wash your wig, you will need cold water, a sink or basin, a wig comb or brush, a shampoo and conditioner.
Here's a tutorial on how to wash your wig at home:
Dry your wig properly.
After washing your wig, you need to let it air dry completely before styling or wearing it. To dry your wig, you will need a wig stand or a tall object covered with a towel. Follow these steps to dry your wig:
- Adjust the cap and the hair to make sure they are in the right position.
- Let your wig air dry on the stand or the object until it is completely dry. This may take several hours or overnight.
- Do not comb or brush your wig while it is wet, as this can stretch or break the fibers.
- You can heat-style our synthetic wigs at max 360 °F.
Style your wig carefully.
Once your wig is dry, you can style it according to your preference. However, you need to be gentle and avoid using any heat tools, such as curling irons, flat irons, or hot rollers. These can melt or damage the fibers of your synthetic wig. To style your wig, you will need a wide-tooth comb, a wire brush, and some styling products designed for synthetic wigs. Follow these steps to style your wig:
- Use a wide-tooth comb or the wire brush to gently detangle and smooth out your wig. Start from the ends and work your way up to the roots.
- Use your fingers or the comb to shape and arrange the hair in the desired style. You can also use some clips or pins to secure the hair in place.
- Apply some styling products, such as mousse, gel, spray, or cream, to add some texture, volume, or hold to your wig. Use only small amounts and distribute them evenly throughout the hair.
- Do not use any products that contain alcohol, as they can dry out and damage the fibers.
Here's a tutorial on how to style your synthetic wig:
Store your wig properly.
When you are not wearing your wig, you need to store it in a safe and clean place where it will not get tangled, dusty, or exposed to sunlight. Sunlight can fade the color of your synthetic wig over time. To store your wig, you will need a wig stand, a plastic bag, or a box. Follow these steps to store your wig:
- Cover your wig with a plastic bag or put it in a box to protect it from dust and dirt.
- Store your wig in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Our packaging box is designed to protect your wig from dust, moisture, and damage. It is the ideal place to store your wig when you are not wearing it:
By following these tips on how to care for your synthetic wig, you can keep your wigs looking fabulous for a long time and enjoy wearing them with confidence.